The Millbrook Inn, located in Millbrook, New York, warmly welcomes all guests.However, due to the historic significance of the Inn – formerly a boy’s dorm for the Greer School, founded in 1906 – the Inn is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
So all guests can enjoy The Millbrook Inn, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following ADA compliant accommodations and features:
- The Liberty: This first floor room features a king size bed, private access to a deck, and a large windowed bathroom.
- The bath features a roll-in large shower with an additional hand-held shower head and shower curtain instead of a sliding door; it has no curb so it is wheelchair accessible.
- There is a roll under sink, grab bars around the toilet and in the shower, towel racks placed at a lower level, and a single lever faucet which can be easily operated with one hand.
- The closet is open with no door.
- There is a strobe light on smoke detectors.
- All the room number signs have braille in addition to print.
- Designated parking with signage is available for those requiring the use of a wheelchair.
- We also offer an ADA compliant path that leads from the designated parking space directly to the front porch of the inn.
- There is a ramp available from the path to the porch of The Millbrook Inn and then another ramp from the porch to the front door.
- Due to the designated parking space, ADA compliant path, and ramps, a guest can easily maneuver from the car to inside the inn in a wheelchair.
- Wheelchair access is available to the dining patio from the front porch.
- The bar/restaurant is accessible by wheelchair through a four foot wide doorway.
Physical barriers include the following:
- Seven of our accommodations are located on the 2nd floor and require the navigation of stairs.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure of the 2nd floor includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Millbrook Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (845) 605-1120 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at Hello@themillbrookinn.comor call us at (845) 605-1120 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.